Monday, August 4, 2008

The Technology is Back

We've moved!! It finally happened a year after the foundation was dug. We are so excited to get to know our new rural life. We are camping out in a trailer and joke about being 'trailer trash'. We are using our house for everything but sleeping. Oh how I miss my bed. I finally had the internet/tv/phone hooked up in our house late last week!! I felt so out of touch and a bit lost without the computer. Sad, I know. I don't know how the Amish do it. And without my babysitter (the TV) I don't get a spare moment to do much of anything--haha. We have had a lot going on since our last post, so I will just put them all together here.
Carpet in the office was installedThe stairs and the rest of the house were carpeted...oooh soft
How we livin'--or sleeping really. Nice, huh?

We had our annual Allen family picnic last Saturday. It was a great time
Carson found a soccer ball and practiced his skills

Madelyn discovered a new 'hang out' at the house. Oh the things that will get thrown over the railing. I am praying no people do :)

We took a walk to the river behind our house to throw rocks.

Jeremy loves it out here.
Carson is scoping out where to throw the next pebble
On the way back we saw our deer. She is around almost daily eating apples that fall from the apple tree in our back yard. That is our house in the background.

You can barely see the deer in at the top of the hill, but Carson was loving watching her, as were we all.





3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks awesome. I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to come see you in person!

Kersten said...

wow! House looks gorgeous, and wow, I am amazed by the stream/river behind the house. And, yay for electronic babysitters. ;)

AO said...

The house looks amazing and your location is simply beautiful! I can't wait till I can come visit and see it in person. I love the shot of Carson with the soccer ball. Great action shot!