Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Infamous BPA

After hearing a bit of the hype about BPA, I decided to do some research. Google loves me!! It's the latest thing that we use everyday that's contributing to the demise of the human race. Needless to say, I was skeptical at first. Every other day something new is killing us, but it never hurts to check it out. It is all so vague, but after exhaustive internet search after internet search (can we just say TMI). It is clear that the safest bet is to get rid of it. It has been linked to reproductive problems, early puberty, ADHD and some cancers. We have decided to get rid of all the BPA (wish I would have know this before I had kids and all the Avent and Dr. Brown's bottle use; sorry kids) and steer clear of dangerous plastics. We are trying to reduce the chemical intake all together. Holy cow--we use a lot of plastic and eat a lot of chemicals. It's amazing my kids are still alive with all that they are exposed to.

No comments: