Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soccer

What an awesome end to a great day!! Along with the first day of school, Carson had his first soccer game tonight. He was so excited, as was I, to go to his game and play a real game. He had only played in soccer camps and summer parks and rec activities for the last three years and he was amped to play an actual game. He kept saying all day "I can't believe I get to play a real game today". It was so much fun getting him into his uniform (he is number 5) and getting his cleats on and going to the soccer field.

When we got to the soccer fields at the fairgrounds, we met up with his coach, Coach Able, the team manager, Lori and the rest of his teammates--the "Green Pythons". After a little bit of chit chat and getting things going the game got on it's way. Jeremy, Grandma Kate, Madelyn and I were there to cheer on Carson and the team. I found myself on the sidelines cheering and chanting like crazy (soccer mom in training). The team consists of 6 players. Each team member gets an equal amount of play time by switching out players every quarter. There are no goalies. They have a hard enough time aiming the ball into the goal without them. I think Carson's team won by a couple goals, but who knows...no one was keeping score. Love That!!

We are so proud of him and I am so glad that he has found something that makes him so happy. I can see what a good thing this is going to be for him. His eyes sparkle when he is called onto the field to play. His whole attitude changes when he gets a soccer ball in his hands, or feet as the rules go, and I can watch his confidence build and build. He is so positive and easygoing when he's playing or even talking about soccer. It is just such an good thing for him.


I don't know what this new 'cool dude' smirk is lately, but I love it. Here he is ready and waiting to go to the game.


What a good pose--this was his idea.


Here we are at the soccer fields--let's go play!!

Nice steal!!
Go Green Pythons Go
run, run
Look at all those little legs
Way to keep on the ball
Just kicked it into the goal----SCORE!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

They're so little! I love it, I wish I had gotten Hayden into soccer. I'm a slacker!! Next year...